Join the Institute of Community Reporters
The Institute of Community Reporters is a UK and European wide organisation that maintains standards and quality of Community Reporter activity. We believe in achieving positive change for communities by bringing community voices together to influence change, from the ground up.
Membership to the Institute is available to organisations through the Social Licence which allows you to re-sell the programme to help you achieve sustainability along with a range of other benefits:
No need to reinvent the wheel!
The ICR will provide you with a tried and tested off the peg pack of training materials and a three day Train the Trainer programme delivered within your organisation so you can start recruiting your own local reporters instantly!
We’ve been there – learn from our experiences:
The ICR will also give you practical help and mentoring in understanding how to profit from the licence – whether that’s trading in new markets, thinking differently about how to package and market services or through direct introductions with partners and stakeholders.
Strength in numbers!
ICR Membership means that you are not operating alone. Whether you are looking to promote your activity, source funding opportunities or explore sustainability strategies you are doing so under the umbrella of the ICR. That is why the ICR will work on your behalf to do the following:
- aggregate and curate content from across the UK and Europe to bring community voice to the attention of policy makers, press, Universities among others
- raise the profile of member activity at a national level
- generate policy papers and research data for members to use
- identify funding opportunities for partners
- champion the work of its members across its extensive distribution networks, raising the profile for all partner organisations
So, if you are interested in a social licence and join the other Social Licencees aross the UK and Europe that are developing local voice and you want to be part of a larger network that offers support, resources and a wealth of experience then contact us today. firstname.lastname@example.org