We are a not for profit community development organisation that has been working with communities since 1995. We specialise in using social media as a community engagement tool.
We work across the UK and Europe and our goal is establish a movement of community reporters which will develop local voices and distribute local views. Our objectives are to support communities to develop their own voice to:
- Improve their neighbourhood and communities.
- Develop dialogue between communities and agencies to support community cohesion.
- Raise aspirations of individuals.
- Work with the whole community to develop their own solutions.
- Undertake 'authentic' engagement.
We support the creation of content that is relevant and locally produced which is then distributed through online and offline channels, including our main distribution channel communityreporter.co.uk
We work with a number of organisations to deliver against these objectives. These organisations are all part of a European Network of Community Reporters, a body that oversees the advancement and quality standards of community reporting across Europe. This network is also supported in the innovation, coproduction and cross trading of products and services across the partnership.